We are pleased to announce the next release of the 0.4 branch. 0.4.1 is available now and includes the following library changes:
- Smarty 3.0.4/trunk
- PHPExcel 1.7.4
Smarty is now running on the 3.0.4/ SVN trunk as there was a pre-filter bug introduced with 3.0.3/4. Again, PHPExcel has had the PDF output removed.
In addition to those library upgrades, there are a couple of bug fixes to the systemLocale class and the Smarty translate pre-filter. In the MVC system: mvcViewBase will now raise an exception if a template cannot be located via getTemplateFile, the exception handler in mvcDistributor will clear any buffered content which should produce cleaner output, and mvcResponse has been added to the distributor and controller base - but is not required (yet).
Important note: you must clear ALL template caches after the upgrade. If the templates are not cleared you may encounter fatal errors from the compiled Smarty templates. Further: part of the Smarty 3 API changed - please check Smarty.net for details of the changes in the API (these changes do not impact on the Scorpio usage).
Changes since 0.4.0
- + Added test case for reportCollectionBase
- + Added new exception to mvcViewBase, now if a template is not located it throws an exception rather than return false and raising an internal warning message (exception caught by default mvcErrorController as internal server error)
- + Added mvcResponse to mvcControllerBase constructor but allow it to be null
- + Added mvcResponse to distributor and view and updated methods to inject response into controller objects
- + Upgraded to PHPExcel 1.7.4
- + Upgraded to Smarty 3.0.4/trunk
- + Split testSystemLocale into multiple methods
- + Fixed a bug in systemLocale not handling some cases of ENV locales from CLI apps (macOSX leaving a C/ prefix?)
- + Fixed testSystemLogSummary where test would fail if any errors existed in log files
- + Fixed error handling in MVC system, now if exception triggered ob_get_clean() is called to prevent view injection of error data